Maybe because I am turning "old" this month, I am thinking back to when we were little kids. Growing up in a family of 5 kids resulted in most of us having to deal with hand-me-downs. Getting them was sometimes fun and sometimes not.
I remember looking forward when it would be my turn to get the nice red coat. and dreaded having to wear the ugly blue play pants.
As an adult, sometimes I look forward to the hand-me downs from Mom's house, a set of dishes, nice couch, etc.When I am shopping with mom, i think Oh yea, someday this will be so coll in my house! and my sister and I kid ourselves by saying OK that will be mine someday (sorry, Maggie, the Christmas houses are mine this year!)
But its good to know that in our Christian experience, we need not look for hand-me downs. God has fresh blessings of our own. We need not rely on other's leftover blessings...God has Great things in store for each of us.
Nor can we pass down those blessings to others, while we can share our faith, and live by example to others, all of us need to experience God personally for ourselves.
God tells us He has a plan for each of us, and in his plans are blessings beyond anything we can ever imagine or hope for.
No comments:
Post a Comment