Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not a maybe or perhaps.... but a surely

Whether the sun was shining, or it was midnight in his soul, David was able to say, "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me  all the days of my life."

It's so much easier for me to say, "most days" or "some days." yet the Bible promises God's presence all the days of my life. This is not a promise that all my days will be good or happy but rather an assurance that the God of mercy will follow me through the good and bad days, the rich and poor days, the sick and well days, - ALL the days of my life...

When I believe this promise,I bring His presence into my problems. It is His presence in all of my nights that wrings from my lips the certain cry, "Surely!" His sweet friendship lights up good days and makes them even better. so I do not have a maybe or perhaps or a hopefully, but a surely that is rooted in the proven promises of God

No comments:

Post a Comment