Thursday, September 30, 2010

Speedbumps

 Even when speed bumps are painted yellow, they sometimes catch me by surprise. In the fast lane of life, the trials and setbacks that come my way remind me of those bumps .While God may not take hardships away, He does promise to be with me through the bumps in the road when I struggle to keep going. God allows the bumps in life to bring growth, to demonstrate His work in my life and to draw me closer to Him.


How I handle the unexpected reflects my deepest attitudes. It's easy to be dissatisfied and discouraged when things haven't gone my way. If I realize that the way things are going is for the best, that they will become beautiful in God's time, not mine, then I can let disappointment go. The things I hope for don't always come the way I expect, but even in disappointment there can be joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment